“Content marketing is all the marketing that’s left”
Seth Godin states,
This particular statement said by good old Seth is pretty self-explanatory. It highlights how content marketing is one of the smartest investments one can make within their respective business.
But sadly, the ratio of businesses turning this particular strategy into a thriving success is considerably low. Why? That’s because most of the content marketers out there commit mistakes.
I will pose no judgment but instead highlight the common mistakes one can succumb to while devising a content marketing strategy for a particular brand or business! Are you interested in learning?
Here are the 6 common content marketing mistake which anyone can easily succumb to.
Don’t Be a Part of the Crappy Content Publishers
To write massively engaging content, what you need to write is a not so crappy content and publish it. Believe it or not, you come across more than a ton of crappy content on an average workday at the office. Some of these blogs are ones on which you’ve subscribed to and it simply confuses you to see how the quality of these blogs are suffering immensely. Today, an average reader can easily distinguish between content written with the purpose of SEO and content specifically written to convey knowledge. Now, I am not saying that you should completely disregard SEO but you should prioritize delivering quality and adding value to your customers first. No digital crime is worse than writing a content piece only for the sake of filling a bunch of keywords within your published content.
Such type of content will never attract the audience and will never turn into an evergreen publication. So if you’re only writing to fill up your KPI sheets, it’s better that you stop writing such content as you will only be polluting the Internet. So instead of writing 10 unworthy pieces of content, try shifting your focus at writing a single piece that is powerful enough to convert visitors into subscribers/customers.
Don’t Just Assume Your Buyer Personas But Build Them
If you build your buyer personas based on assumptions… For example, Jake White, 24, digital marketing executive, living in Compton, likes to read books and drive fast cars. Then such buyer personas aren’t going to help you with your overall content marketing strategy. To understand customers better, you have to get into their shoes. And you have to take the extra length and dig deep.
How do you create a buyer persona which is going to become highly effective?
Keep a goal in mind, what do you want your customers to achieve from your brand’s product/service? Then create different buyer personas to help you craft compelling content that can win them all.
Good Content Equates to Not Only Just Publishing Blog Posts
Many of us fall under the false pretense that publishing a piece of a highly engaging blog every day is the definition of content marketing. But, with all due respect, good content does not only revolve around publishing blog posts. Good content is basically publishing a variety of different content types.
More than 60% of marketers publish at least one specific type of content every day. And these aren’t just blog posts, but they can be audio podcasts, video content, image content, social media, and more.
The different content types which marketing evangelists commonly associate themselves with are:
If you want to score big, you gotta have to think big. And to think big, you will have to push the limits. Do a bit of brainstorming and deduce what type of content will appeal the greatest to your customers.
Marketing Published Content > Publishing Great Content
Well what do you know, the myth, after all, turns out to be true. Sharing published content takes the lion’s share of making your content marketing efforts turn into a thriving success. According to Hubspot, 80% of your brand success depends on what platforms do you focus on social sharing your content. While the remaining 20% depends on how you write that content/present it to the audience.
They call it the 80/20 rule in the world of content marketing.
According to Nigel McHugh,
‘Content is king but distribution is queen, and she wears trousers.’
You should devise a practically powerful content marketing strategy that allows you to place your business in front of your devised target audience through social channels, blogs, emails, and forums.
Some of the ways how you can start your content marketing efforts are,
Often businesses fail because they do not pay much attention to understanding how the wheel works.
Once you are acquainted, well you can sure say goodbye to your network traffic blues once & for all.
Content marketing is the key to making your digital marketing agency a success. Are you equipped with the right information and talent to brew up the perfect mixture of making your story a success?
Get in touch with us and we will devise you the perfect strategy.